Things have moved ahead apace this week. Whilst still working on 4myboat we have decided to start developing another directory to extend campinginfo.org. This is on the back of the BBC using a campinginfo article as a further info link on one of their programs.
As I mentioned, we are going to be using Zoo Business Directory a solution developed by Yoo Themes. I stumbled across a problem this week and found finding a solution time comsuming. Here is a quick fix.
When installing Zoo 2.1, you attempt to upload the file and after a long wait, the screen turns white. After navigating to the backend you realise that although the system is not broken, the updated file has not been installed. I tried this a few times but had no luck and so begins the arduous task of trying to work out why. There is a smattering of information on this topic but most of it is confused or at least it confused me. These are the 3 likely causes as I found them.
- The server is not equipped with mbstrpos
- The maximum execution time of the installation (which is 30 seconds) has been exceeded.
- Zoo 2.1 is in Beta development. Use Zoo 2.0 until a stable release appears.
In the end I contact support and they provided this quick and effective solution.
- Download the latest Zoo Version and unpack it.
- Upload this directory to your server. They advised using the /tmp directory.
- Navigate to the extentions installer in the backend and specify the directory where you uploaded the files.
- Click on install and Bob’s your uncle.
It worked! In actual fact a simple workaround for something that initially appeared to be quite tricky.
Hope this helps.